Cross-docking in Europe
CROSS-DOCKING IN EUROPE
ASTERIX GROUP mission is to provide safe and quality transportation services that help our clients reduce shipping costs and increase efficiencies of their business.
Following this idea we diversify our Full Truck Load service (FTL) into two alternative ways of transportation:
- Shipments by road using “direct” trucks
- Cross-docking at our logistics terminals in Warsaw or Vilnius
Cross-docking operations allow to transload cargo from incoming vehicles operating inside European Union to outbound trucks for delivery to the place of destination. This procedure often reduces shipping costs without any loss of transit time.
This is especially attractive way of import when road permissions for direct outbound trucks are in short supply.
Advantages of our cross-docking:
- High quality of service providing through our logistics terminals
- Our staff is responsible for all operations
- Additional services (issuing, reissuing shipping documents, weighting, repacking) are included
Additional services of our logistics terminals:
- Cargo consolidation
- BWH services
- Long-term storage
- Export documents execution (EX)
- Transit documents execution (TIR-carnet, T-1, T-2)